Tuesday 12 January 2010

surviving dinner out..

It was my friends birthday yeasterday and as a little celebration we all went out for dinner this evening. This was my first big diet test, juggling ordering something healthy with something I really want and am willing to pay for!

So here it goes.. the dinner started with a basket of breads, served with butter and tapenade
I chose to order the chicken and veg curry, served with rice and two popadoms
WELL!!! this is the bit I am quite proud of- for the first time that I can remember I didnt finish my meal. I left the popadoms, ate only half the rice portion,and 3/4 of the chicken curry.
I think I have finally left the 'clean plate club'! I can now eat a meal and feel the obsession to automatically clean the plate.. I can eat until I am full and then stop.
Unfortunately my self-praise has to stop there as I did order dessert.. apple crumble with icecream (I ate 2/3 of this).

But I did do a Davina McCall work out today, in anticipation for my diet relapse!!
Tomorrow I shall work even harder! If the rain holds off long enough I amy even attempt a run!

Well talking about exercise isnt good enough!! I need to get out there and do it.

I did weigh myself yesterday and tah-dah I have lost approx 4pounds!!
So I am very happy, I hope that I can keep up the progress.

3 comments:

  1. Great job on leaving the clean plate club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started blogging on Jan 1 for similar reasons. I was brought up as a kid not to waste the food on your plate and as I got older I put more on the plate(s) to not waste. I'm gonna start following your blog, you can find mine at:

    http://lotstolosematt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete